Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First Offical Day.


Well, it's February 10, 2010, and Adam is in Texas. He arrived in Texas at 7pm our time (AZ) but 8pm Texas time. By the time he got to Lackland Air Force base, it was 9 and was exhausted. Here is why. We arrived at the Shereton Cresent Hotel on Monday the 8th at 7pm and we were both super sad. As soon as we got there, Adam had to go and check in. Thankfully, Adam met an awesome guy named Steven, so they met up and thankfully got a room together. All the while, Steven's family and myself are anxiously waiting to see our boy's. Around 20 mins later, they finally come down and we spent time together until 8pm when they have to go through a briefing. UGH!!! lol all i wanted to do was be with Adam! At around 8:30pm, Adam came back and we talked and cried until I had to leave at 9ish, it was actually supposed to be 10 but Adam needed to take a shower and get ready and be in bed by 10 so he could get a decent night sleep. I finally pulled myself away from him around 9:20pm and drove back to his parents house. Adam woke up at 3 in the morning, unable to sleep. He got ready and left for MEP's at 5am. After a bunch of random tests, Adam swore into Active Duty at 10am and was told that his flight is at 4:45pm, but doesn't know when he will be able to meet his mom and I at the airport to say our final goodbyes. I get a call from Adam around 1pm telling me that it's not going to be possible for his mom and I to see him at the airport because as soon as they get there, they automatically have to go through security and stay with the group. Which meant that we were unable to go past security and he was unable to leave and come see us. Adam, his mom and I were devastated. We felt like we were stripped of each other, and it was horrible. Adam and I text all day, talking about random things, how much we are going to miss each other, how happy we are that he met Steven and I met Shawna (Steven's girlfriend), how we are going to have an amazing life when all of this is said and done...so on and so fourth. Around 4:20pm, Adam calls me and tells me that they are boarding the plane and that he has to turn off his phone, and will try and call me when he lands, hopefully. So around 6:45pm, AZ time, Adam text me saying they land and he will call soon. About 5 mins later, he calls and we say our goodbyes. Thankfully, Adam told me that he is excited and ready for this all to be over and start our life. So looking at it that way, we can both get through. I'm hoping to hear from him this weekend. He told me not to answer the first time he calls so he can leave a message with his address, that way we are 100% sure I will get the address right. Also, since he wasn't able to talk to me, he will be able to call again, and we will actually be able to have a conversation. So yay!! I'm so excited to get this whole journey done so we can be together again. I'm going to post as much as possible, and keep you guys in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment