Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's been one heck of a year!

Hi everyone,

I know it's been a year and a few months since I've written on my blog, and I feel like a total LAZY, but I figure I had so much going on that I needed to focus on growing a baby, and taking care of my hubby. LOL, excuses excuses!  

Well since my last entry, I had Juliet. On August 23rd, at 1:20 pm. 7 lbs 6 oz. She is absolutly perfect in every way. That was almost eight months ago. She has grown so fast, in a blink of an eye, really. I can't believe it. She is almost crawling, but talking like a mad-woman. She is so close to saying "mama" I can feel it! She loves her Papa so much, and I love to see them interact together. I am in love with my life, and can't wait for what it has in store for me.

We also bought our first home this year, in June! And OMG, I'm so in love with this house, it's not even funny. We live out in the middle of nowhere, but, I like the quietness that comes along with having only a few people around me. The house is perfect for the 3 of us, and I feel blessed that we were able to get a place of our own.

Also, in the past year, I lost my grandpa Tom, in May. He was most of my world for all of my life. He was my dad for all intents and purposes. I loved him so much. I still feel like I haven't been able to fully come to terms with the fact he is gone. Honestly, I didn't have a choice. One day, he was fine, and the next he was in the hospital. He got to the end of his life, scared to leave this earth. And it broke my heart. I wished he knew that I KNEW that he was going to go to Heaven. He may have been an ornery guy, but he was the most kind hearted man ever. And so strong.  He would do anything for anyone. Most of us didn't deserve his sweetness. I really don't think that many people understand the relationship I had with him. Most think, "yeah, he is her grandpa, no biggie. I have the same relationship with my grandpa." But in all honesty, we talked about things that I wouldn't even talk to my best friends about. I knew I could trust him. Not even my family understood how close we were. He was my world. Other than my husband and Juliet, he was what got me thru. There were a few things that him and I didn't agree on, and in all honesty, it got in the way of our relationship at the end. And it absolutly tears me apart inside to know that it was never resolved because he just couldn't understand my feelings. But, what gets me through, is that know that I know he knows my TRUE heart, he understands. Worldly problems no longer matter to him anymore. And I know that he sees why I did what I did. I did those things to protect my family and myself. Even if I'm alone in my decisions (minus my mom and family, of course) I no longer question my last months with him. No one can change how much I loved him, and that makes me at peace. And I know he is as well.

Now that I've got that off my chest :o) I can now go to the exciting news!

Adam is finishing up his Masters degree at GCU for healthcare administration, and we are getting out of active duty at the end of the year! I can't tell you how stoked we are to get out from underneath the Air Forces thumb!! This brings on another burden in our lives because some people don't understand. And most don't because they have never served. But we are making this choice for our family. It's whats best for US, and that is all that matters. Sometimes, people treat us like we are children, like we don't know what we are doing. And I think it's funny because Adam and I are probably the most cautious people around. LOL. But with this decision, comes another. I am going to start a small buisness out of our house. Which I will announce when I get it up and started! I am so excited, I can hardly keep it to myself!

So now that Adam is home and our lives are constant, this blog will basically be a life journal. With recipes, news, and life happienss that happens along the way!!!

I hope you all come along for the ride with us, because it gets a little crazy sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment