Sunday, May 2, 2010

The (waaaaay too long awaited) Airman Graham Update :o)

Well, since I have been so swamped with stuff for pretty much the last month, I finally made myself sit down and update this thing! lol I'm sorry for taking so long.

Alright, here we go.

Okay, so as I'm sure you all know, Adam graduated from BMT on April 9th....with honors!!! Like I said in a previous post that he was Academic Adviser for his flight 260, and they got the Academic Streamer, which is pretty huge for Adam, considering he was Academic Adviser :) His flight also got PT (Physical Training) Streamer and BEAST Excellence! This was pretty awesome for his flight, because its the most streamers his TI has ever had. So that's awesome for all the boys!

Adam's graduation weekend was....needless to say....amazing. We arrived to San Antonio on Wednesday, April 8th, got settled into our campsite and explored the area. Ugh!!! Texas is so incredibly confusing! LOL I was having a hard time with remembering where we were, so I was freaked! But, the fam and I were able to find the base and my hotel, which was a huge burden because we wanted to know where everything was for the next morning. On Thursday, the 8th, we all got up at 4am, Texas time, so ugh, LOL, 2am AZ time. And we were all quite cranky, but extremely excited to FINALLY see Adam. We had a briefing at 7am, and they pretty much told 3000 of us the proper etiquette for our stay there at Lackland AFB. No biggie. Then we had to wait an hour to see Adam run in the Airmen's Run. The fam and I found our spot on the side of the road and anxiously waited for Adam to run by with his flight!!! At around 9:10am, we could see all the flights coming around the corner, running toward us. WE FREAKED!!! lol Adam's sister, Sarah, and I made signs for him, so he knew to look for us. All the flights ran by and we didn't see Adam, but thankfully they got to run by a second time and we got to see him!! He had a huge smile on his face. I screamed and cried lol. It was amazing to actually get to see him, if even for a few seconds. So after that, we had to wait 2 more hours till the coin ceremony. We found our seats and waited...again. Hurry up to wait right?! But at 11am, the ceremony started and all the flights were promoted to Airmen and we were able to go get our boy! I have never moved so fast in my entire life!! He didn't even see me coming lol. He was surprised! So after hugs and kisses, we had to book it to the Honor Ceremony. There, Adam got, yet another coin, and its beautiful! That was great accomplishment for him, and I was/am so proud. At around 1pm, we decided to go find some lunch because we were all starving! Everything was super crowded so we decided to go to good ol' Burger King. And oh man, I have never seen Adam eat so much in my life!! He ate all of his food, about 3/4's of my burger and all of my fries, PLUS a half of a pie and my homemade cookies, LOL and he still wasn't full. Then we went bowling, and had a blast!! And for some stinking reason, I can't remember what else we did that day lol. But at around 7pm, Adam had to go back to his dorm. The next day, Friday, the 9th, Adam officially graduated!!! The ceremony was at 9am. Adam was in the flag flight, and held the Idaho flag during the ceremony. To be honest, the ceremony took forever lol. There was a bunch of people, like TI's getting promoted or something, but it was cool! Adam swore in, I cried, and we got to go get him again and take him off base for Base Liberty. Adam had to go sign himself out back at his dorm, but was told that he had to pack all of his stuff and get it ready to leave for Monday, I dunno why, but whatever lol. So dad and I went and got the rental car and came back. Adam needed to get his stripes put on all of his uniforms so, he and I sat at the Stripes store for 2 and a half hours waiting to get them put on. LOL oh goodness, more waiting!!!! Then we went and had dinner with his family, chicken wraps, one of Adam's faves. And by that time, it was time for him to go back to the dorms. On Saturday, the 10th, I picked Adam up and drove around looking for a Cracker Barrel lol, one of our favorite breakfast places. I don't know how, but I somehow found one, and we ate. Adam ate....get this...4 plates worth of food!!! LOL BMT deprived him of food! Later that night, we went and had dinner with his fam and went to the hockey game, Rampage won!!! After that, we had to take him back to the dorm. Boo! And finally on Sunday, we visited all day, and had to take him back at 3pm. It was a sad day.

But Adam has not changed one bit. He is still the same silly, funny, outgoing Adam that all of us know and love. He does look different tho. He has lost quite a bit of weight and has like no hair! lol. But he seems more grounded in the man that he wants to be.

Well, now its May 2nd, and he has been in Mississippi for 3 weeks. He started classes on Monday the 26 of April. He only has one more week of that class then he goes to his second block of classes that will be 6 weeks long. We are ready to have him come home. The nicest thing about Technical School is that we get to talk to him. So everyday, when school is out, he is able to call me. He has more freedom, on weekends he can do what ever he wants.

So now, we are just waiting for him to get all of his classes done and come home! Which is going to hopefully be sometime in June. I will try and to keep you posted :) I'll write more when I have more exciting news LOL

Here are some pictures from our weekend with Adam:




In a meadow that he found...he was in love!


Us on the first day I got to see him!


At his Honor Ceremony, 3rd from the right!



At the coin ceremony, second row, 6th from the right

No comments:

Post a Comment